Position: Loan Assistant
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Education, Experience and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of five years consumer, Commercial and Real Estate documentation preparation with at least five years of banking experience.
- Good understanding of real estate rules and regulations.
- Basic math, reading and writing, and computer skills are required for all positions at AVB.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interact with Loan Officers to assist in the compilation and preparation of documentation for the loan approval process.
- Enter loan information into LaserPro (loan preparation platform) from the loan proposal or credit memorandum.
- Work with the Compliance Officer to ensure all documents meet Federal and State Guidelines and Bank Policy.
- Order appraisals, title reports and flood determinations as requested by the Loan Officer.
- Clear exception items, including title reports, lien releases, mortgage releases, insurance, and filed documents pertaining to the loan.
- Prepare Loan Deferrals, Renewals and Modifications. Coordinate with lender and/or customer to gather information regarding the appropriate information needed for these actions.
- Prepare SBA Loans.
- Review past due and coming due reports.
- Be responsible for overall monitoring of assigned existing portfolio for Loan Officers.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality of customer and employee information.
- Provide prompt quality service to all customers within acceptable time limits.
- Review and track covenant compliance by customers. In the event of non-compliance, assist the lender in the necessary waiver and/or mitigation of such.